Friday, August 8, 2014

Concerts

So I have not been to that many concerts in life, three that I attended, and two that I got to see from afar.

The first one was Lillithfair in Phx, it was for one of my friends birthdays, and it was July, we were 14, it was brutal, like 110 degrees outside for most of it, and we had like no money for anything, even water.  But we still had a blast, we got to see Sarah Mcgloughlin, Natalie Merchant, and a whole lot of other people, though seeing as it was an outdoor concert, even the performers were having a hard time, I remember one of them actually had to stop in the middle of a song for water at one point and another almost passed out from the heat.  It went from I want to say 4pm till around 9pm.  And the only reason we survived was because the people next to us shared there water, they also shared the smoke from whatever drugs they were smoking, which gave us a bitching headache, but for the water it was worth it.  Also there were no adults with us, just us two, which was freeing and terrifying at the same time, there were well over 1000 people there, so insane! We left the concert about 30 minutes early to head to the meeting point which was like 1/2 a mile away, and ended up waiting there for like an hour because her dap ad got to the gate 15 minutes early to head us off, which obviously didn't work. So we missed out on all the freebies they were handing out, but in the end it was still an awesome experience and a fun concert.

The next two concerts would be the ones I got to see from afar, I live really close to an Army base, and every summer they do a concert series that runs thru, when I was in high school with all the stuff going on with my dad we could not afford to go, but they were help at the air field, so we would park close by and listen to the music, it was fun, we heard Aerosmith and Jeff Foxworthy and friends, just hangin out dancing around, but with out the loud and the crowds, so it worked. 

The next concert I went to was actually the last day of Country Thunder in Florence, we got to hear so many great bands. Plus some local one, the only band I remember for sure is Trick Pony, though I am pretty sure we also caught Trace Adkins. I more remember the experience, it was hot, but not insane hot like it would have been a few months more into summer, and there were some awesome vendors hanging around I got the best cowboy hat that year, it had roses burned onto it.  I went with my buddy Rich because my hubby did not want to go, he is not a country music fan, and because Rich is one of our best friends, so he is someone that I can do anything with! We had a blast and it is definitely something that is on my to do again list!

The last concert that I got tong onto was just this past May, it was A Great Big World, in Tucson and it was by far my favorite of all of them, there were not a ton of people, so it was quite intimate, it was in one of the coolest historic theaters in the area, the Rialto, and I am just in love with their music. They are most definitely one of my fave bands right now.  It was the perfect loudness and they also brought along a friend of theirs from New York, Greg Holden, and he was fantastic as well, his music really spoke to me. The concert was a birthday present from my hubby, so he had to come, and while they are not his fave band, he appreciates them and also had a decent time if not a great time. There was this guy thoug that was loud and annoying about Say Something,though now we lau because he so made a fool out of his dumb self, yelling the way he was about "his jam." Seriously though,was like the best concert ever! If you have never seen them in person you need to, because they are great on the radio and CDs and such, but they are freaking mind blowing live!!!

Anyways. The reason I decided to write about concerts tonight is because I am trying to figure out how to get to a concert festival in September, there are 4 people/bands I would love to see live, not counting a bunch of great ones that I would not sell my soul for, so here's hoping I will be able to add an addendum to this post at a later date! I guess that's it for now, have a great and musical weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment